Data Protection Privacy Statement. 1/09.11.2016.JF
This statement confirms the commitment of Crawley and Gatwick Business Watch (CGBW) to protect your privacy and to process your personal information in a manner which meets the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’).
Who we are and what we do
- Crawley and Gatwick Business Watch is a Crime Reduction Partnership. A membership organisation established to assist members to respond in a coordinated manner to crime that affects their businesses, profitability, staff, customers and the local community. By working together, sharing information about crime and those committing it, the partnership provides greater protection for both its members and the local community.
- We are registered with the information commissioner for the purpose of ‘the prevention and detection of crime and the prosecution of offenders.
What personal information we may process
The information we collect may include:
- Names, addresses, occupations, images, descriptions, aliases, associates, vehicles and convictions.
- Contact information
- Occupation and company details
We may use this information for the following reasons:
- the prevention and detection of crime and the prosecution of offenders who are, or are suspected of being involved in business crime, anti-social behaviour or other criminal activity that impacts on our members or the local community.
- To manage membership and payment details.
- To send you information which we think may be of value or interest or to improve our member services
- We may monitor or record any communication between you and this partnership for quality control and training purposes.
How we may use this information operationally
- We examine data and decide whether it is capable of being used to detect, prevent or reduce crime which is committed in our area of operation or elsewhere. Where this data is assessed as being relevant to our purpose, as defined in (a) above, we may make it available to our members and the Police through electronic or other means.
- Where there is evidence that offenders are operating over a wider region, we may share that information with other Crime Reduction Partnerships and the police.
- We may communicate data to the police or other public agencies where it is relevant to do so for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime and the prosecution of offenders, or for other reasons relating to the public objectives of those organisations.
- Where a person has been notified that they have been excluded from the premises of our members for criminal or anti-social behaviour, we will endeavour to serve a copy of the notice on the excludee personally or by post. When this is not practicable and they become aware of their exclusion by virtue of being denied access to members premises a copy of the notice will be provided to them on request.
- We will only communicate information from members, victims or witnesses to third parties with their agreement.
- The partnership has appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal information and accidental loss or destruction of or damage to your personal information.
- Retention of personal information
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary for our purposes.
Your rights to access your personal information:
You are entitled, pursuant to the Act, to ask for a copy of your personal information, and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Disclosure will only be permitted in accordance with the Act to persons who have provided identification.
- Where we hold data for which we are not the data controller we will not release that data.
- Where data relates to other persons we will not release that data unless an application is received from that person.
- We may not release data which we assess as confidential and which may either interfere with a criminal investigation or which may assist persons committing crime.
- Should you wish to access your information or have any other enquiries about data protection please use the ‘Contact us’ information on our website.
Links to other websites
Frome time to time there may be hyperlinks within this website which will take you away from the CGBW website. The linked sites are not under the control of CGBW and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. CGBW may provide such links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by CGBW of these sites.
CGBW seeks to ensure that all information on this website is accurate However, CGBW and its employees cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any claim, loss or damage whatsoever from the use of any information within, or accessed through, this website.
Any information provided to members may only be used for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime and the prosecution of offenders.